Thursday, June 01, 2017

Hi there!

Morning friends, how are you?  Been busy?  I recently picked up one of the new Olfa Endurance refill blades for my cutter, and man does it make a difference!  I had seen it in the quilt market photographs and was excited to give it a try.  I thought I'd post about it so I can remember when I put it in and I can decide if it really does last a long time.  I'm notorious for not changing my blade, what about you?  I was curious about the cost and it turns out to be around a dollar more, so not a huge investment in a test run. 


Olfa Endurance Blade
 
I put it to good use on cutting some strips of fabric for a small project. More on that later.  It's a pattern that calls for a charm pack so just went thru my scrap bin and pulled a bunch of fabric that way.  Do you do this?  Or do you use a lot of precuts?  Just curious.


American Patchwork and Quilting
 
Did you see this cute quilt in the June American Patchwork and Quilting magazine? It's by Emily Herrick.  Super cute.  I was so motivated after seeing Sharon's cute baskets on Instagram, I ran right out to get the magazine. The blocks are large and my attention span is small, so I reduced the size 50% and I think it's adorable.  That doesn't stop me from loving the big baskets and Sharon's are so wonderful, be sure and check out her Instagram feed to see them all. (You'll need to scroll a bit.) 

Ok, that's what's up with me.  What about you? 

4 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Headed to MT View today, it's recital weekend. I tried to get a blade last week but nearest Joann's said they didn't carry them? Olfa says differently so I will try again when we get back. Have a great weekend Pam. Alexa says the weather is going to be great!,

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the size of your picnic basket. Some how it's even sweeter tiny.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Dona said...

I will have to try that new blade. I cut all my scraps and make stacks of 5 inch squares to use as I need them. Good question

1:28 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Your mini basket is so sweet! What measurements did you use when cutting your fabrics? And it all came out so perfect!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older