Monday, February 20, 2017

Monday

Morning friends!  Believe it or not I'm back to stitching away on my Round Robin orange peel project.  You can find the Impressions Orange Peel templates and all the patterns to accompany them here.

orange peel
 
Right now I have all the blocks sewn into rows and maybe 5 rows sewn together and I love the cheerful look of these Birds of Liberty fabrics. I used one of the half roll ups that I ordered from FQS and you can find that here. For my small quilt I used half the strip for my shapes. 

orange peel

One of the things I don't like about my quilt is how some of those peels DON'T LINE UP. I was undoubtedly  casual about the marking  and there is a placement guide in the pattern but I wasn't all that careful.  So my future-tip maybe will help you if you're more like me.  The first two squares are perfect and it goes downhill from there. Don't worry though, it's not ruining the project for me, I love it...so charming.  And I'm glad that I saw the quilt on the FQS Instagram to inspire me to make it!
 
New Leaf Slotted Trimmer
 
Next up on my agenda is testing out Kari's new Slotted Trimmers. I have known Kari for   while now and saw her photo on Instagram   using the trimmers and thought they were such a clever idea.  She very generously sent me the trimmers along with here Clearly Perfect Angles to try out.  So more on that when I get these rows sewn together.  
 
Ok, time to get busy!  See you later alligators! Have a great week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen Philipps said...

This is a really pretty and lively design....and one I must put on my to do list! The orange peels look so colourful!
Helen xox

11:05 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Happy quilt ! And your own bit of serendipity Pam!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

This is so darling and I just love the bright and happy colors! Only you will notice your slight imperfections. Just vision your project all quilted and washed with that soft puckered look. I can't wait to see the color of your border or it you will use a border.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older