Monday, March 14, 2016

Home again

Hi there! Happy Monday!  I'm excited that today's coffee came straight from my new kitchen, the days of bathroom-kitchen coffee are over!   Most people wouldn't take a picture with an outlet in it, but OMG people, this outlet is one of two new outlets in my kitchen!  For the last thirty plus years we've survived with ONE OUTLET in the kitchen.  I'm giddy!


b1
 
Yesterday was Splendid Sampler day!  Did you download your block?  This block is courtesy of Jane.  The block is named your Local Quilt Shop.  Totally cute.  I am not the best embroiderer, so fussy cutting the name was the way to go for me. 

Splendid Sampler
 
The retreat was fun, and I will have some pictures of the sharing soon.  These women are seasoned quilt retreat attendees and OMG they really get stuff done.  I did get sewing done, but it was kid stuff in comparison.  We did get out and about going to the local quilt shops which was a lot of fun.  I'm lucky that my friends Deb and Debbie have invited me into their group of friends.  
 
I think my week will be filled with puttering around the house trying to restore order.  Something that I'm not that good at really.  I've put some stuff back on my counters and it seems a bit like blasphemy at this point.  But it's got to be done! Hope you have a good week everyone!!! xo 

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your quilt block. I currently an attracted to little house blocks.
The new kitchen is fab. The annoying construction is over. Yeah!
Cathy Odle

7:56 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I love the backsplash and especially the counter. What material is that? When I painted our kitchen I would just stand and stare at it so I know what you are doing - admiring the work!!!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Elea said...

Your kitchen looks gorgeous!! Love the backsplash and gorgeous countertops! Wishing you many happy cups of coffee there! xoxo

11:10 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Looks so good Pam! Trying to convince my DH I can't live any longer with the old wallpaper back splash that's been in this house since long before we bought it. Maybe this clean subway tile look will convince him. Your cute Easy Addition block inspired me to go for it. I tried scrappy but with the stronger colors it was to much so I went back to white. I like the block so much I'm going for the quilt. Have a great week.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

Very cute. Hope you had fun at the retreat.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older