Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sewing along with friends

On Sunday Lori started her Flower Patch Quilt Along over on her blog and on Instagram.  Are you following along?  I've seen some cute blocks already and it's very tempting. 

garden1
 
I managed to get all my text oriented in the same direction.  No idea if I would try and keep the text going all the same way on a quilt.  That might be more than my brain can handle at any one time.  Plus I think it would limit you on placement if you couldn't turn you block.  Well that's something for FuturePam to worry about.

garden2

I really love the blocks though. 

garden3
 
 Are you going to sew along? I'm still in the thinking phases, but I really love the look! What are you working on? How's the week going?  Tell all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bev said...

I like your blocks! I've got mine cut out with the exception of the light fabric in the middle. I know what I'm going to use but the bolt is on the bottom of a stack of bolts and I've been too lazy to fetch it. Guess I'll do that today so I don't get so far behind. Have a great day!

8:40 AM  
Blogger katie jean said...

I want to make this too! It looks so fun :) I was thinking of using a charm and a mini charm instead of cutting it all out.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

Yeah getting the text straight requires thinking. I'm not sure if I'm capable of that anymore at 57.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Cecelia said...

Love your blocks. Your fabrics are so beautiful!!!I made mine with words also, it was so hard for me to sew words sideways but I had some one way fabrics (I used Lori's Flower Patch) so I had to roll with it. I never dreamed I'd ever make something with words sideways and upside Down as I couldn't get all them going the right direction. Lol when I was finished I was happy although.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older