Friday, December 05, 2014

Friday

So we've managed to get through another week. I finished my hexagon log cabin blocks. Love them. I plan on prepping them for quilting later today, then when I have a few minutes I can get busy.

Hexi log cabins
 
I finally figured out what I wanted to work on next.  When I saw Camille's Cherrio quilt in Love Patchwork and Quilting, I fell in love with it.   The magazine included the pattern for the mini as well, so that's what I'm making.  I photoshopped a mini version to try out my fabrics and then got busy cutting it out.  Still have the background pieces to cut. In PamKitty style I'm using a print. I love how it looks

Pam Kitty Garden Cheerio
 
If you can't find the magazine anymore, the pattern for the full sized Cherrio is available over here at Camille's online store.
 
What are your big plans for the weekend?  For sure I'll be looking at Christmas lights around town, it's my favorite thing!  Happy weekending people!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rina Mason said...

I really like your hexi log cabin blocks, they fit right in with the season even without Christmas fabric. Can't wait to see your completed Cherrio. The fabrics you chose look to make it a beautiful quilt.

I'll be cutting out a Swoon quilt and maybe going down to see the Plaza lights. It's been years since I last saw them and I think it's time to refresh the child in me. Enjoy your weekend!

11:28 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I have a 3 day weekend to get all of Christmas pretty much done, from outside lights, finishing shopping sewing and wrapping. ready, set go...off to finish the online shopping!!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

I love your hexagons, I've never seen log cabin hexagons before!

5:18 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Cheerio is gonna be so much fun in your new prints! LOVE the white garden tools print.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older