Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday

Good morning! How was your weekend?  I hope it was happy and you got to do some of the things you were hoping for, like some sewing maybe? Work in the garden? Absolutely nothing!  Sometimes that's just what you want at the end of the week.

Sausalito Cottage
 
I had a lot of sewing. There are just  5 more of the light blocks left to work on.. adding those top and bottom rows is a real challenge for me. I'm not that great of a piecer really.  I freely admit it.  And there is nothing harder than sewing for others,  this project is for a pattern that Holly is doing for Cut Loose Press. 

Sausalito Cottage
 
My seam ripper and I are fast friends. Luckily I had a lot of NCIS:LA on the DVR for viewing.  Like the original NCIS and Law and Order: Criminal Intent (and regular) it's excellent sewing tv.  I need to get this top ready for quilting asap, but need to take my time matching up those triangles.  OHMYGOSH I have the one that needs correction right on top.  SHOOT ME. I was just going to say gee, I already noticed half way though the pile  that I had one four patch turned around and there RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME  is another. HONESTLY. Well I'm keeping it real for you people. Sad, but real. You probably though all my seams nested perfectly and I barely need pins.  That would be Carrie.
 
Ok, guess I have my work cut out for me today.  Have a great week everybody! xo

7 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Pami said...

At least it wasn't on the completed top! Any new birds this year?

5:04 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Pam - I just love your blog comments. I seem to always be able to relate completely - no matter what the topic. I have a little verse in my sewing room that says: "Keep your sewing machine close and your seam ripper closer". Such is my life too!
Can't wait for the new Fabric to come out!!

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice of you to sew for Holly. As usual no good deed goes unpunished.

7:50 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Don't feel bad! Your mistake is completely understandable - you were just focused on getting the text going the right way. That's why we all have seam rippers! The blocks are still cute!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Oh the frustration! I feel your pain. And the more you stare at those blocks, the less you'll be able to see straight.

Good luck!

8:53 AM  
Blogger jenni said...

And this is the reason we love you!

10:04 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh yea, we all so have been there. Nothing like the pressure of sewing for others. And your comment about carrie just cracked me up!!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older