Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday

Hi there, how was the weekend?  I had a good one, busy with all kinds of stuff, but good.  The weather was sunny but it's sure feeling cool at night.  I love it.

coffee and a kit
 
Back in the day when I used to sew for Elizabeth a  lot, she'd make up little kits for me to work on.  All the pieces cut out and piled up really nice.  I could just sit down and sew, and that always seemed like a dream. So I cut myself a kit. I had seen a version of Kathy Brown's Bread and Butter quilt over on Pinterest and suddenly had to make it! I have an appointment with the quilter this morning and thought it only made sense to bring one more along with me. It's my first finished Pam Kitty Picnic quilt. And that little project does sew up in just a few episodes of Longmire. (or as I like to call it, Justified: The Golden Years) I'll show you a picture when I get it back from Diana.  I LOVE HOW IT TURNED OUT SO MUCH. It's such a simple quilt but just one of those that will look so lovely quilted.  Cozy and soft.
 
In the mean time I have several things in progress, I need to turn back to them, like my baskets and the deer.  I also want to make a block for Pat's birthday. Are you making one?  I think it sounds fun and one of those immediate gratification kinds of things.  What else?
 
Most important this week, tomorrow is Frankie's birthday! Love that girl and we're devoting the day to celebration.   What are your plans for this week?  Sewing, Thanksgiving planning? TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT! xo

6 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Justified - The Golden Years. Thanks for that - it made my day

5:25 AM  
Blogger Siobhán said...

Justified--The Golden Years. I love it!! LOL

5:44 AM  
Blogger donna said...

We love to watch Longmire too. That little dear quilt is just too cute.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs
donna

6:33 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Happy Birthday, Frankie! I know you guys will have a great day celebrating.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Happy Birthday to Frankie. I hope she has a wonderful day. How fun. You've got a lot going on. I had a busy weekend. And a busy week ahead, of course. Binding my PKM picnic baby quilt. It quilted up so cute. I don't know if I should show it now or wait until the fabric is at FQS?

9:14 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

Such pretty fabrics neatly stacked up and ready to sew! Don't you just love Longmire? I can now switch my crush from Raylan when he's not on ;>) (Don't tell Mr. Squash).
Cheers~

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older