Monday, November 04, 2013

Monday

Hey there, Happy Monday!  How was the weekend?  Did you do any sewing? Now that it's November are we in the panic zone for Christmas yet?  Luckily, I don't have too much to panic about these days so maybe that's why I have some Christmas on my mind. 

Candy Canes
 
Last year I had so much fun with my stuffed  candy canes, I couldn't stop thinking about them and what I could do this year.  I   think my cute stripe fabric is Christmas perfect, even though it's not traditional Christmas fabric.

Candy Canes
 
I also was thinking about my ornament from last years Aurifil blog hop, and how cute the vintage holly looked along with it. I happen to have that cute Go! Holiday Medley die with the holly leaves and berries to use in my upcoming Christmas ClubHouse meeting!
 
Candy Canes
 
So far it's a work in progress.  I'm thinking taller candy canes might sort out my issues, so I'll work on that.  And any pieces left over can be put to good use on some tea towels or maybe a table runner.

holly
 
Who knows what will happen.  Maybe nothing, maybe something great! Only time will tell!  So tell me what you're up to.  Now that market is over I'm feeling relaxed and ready to get sewing!  My large pieces of yardage should be coming and I can really go to town! Lets all have a fun week! xo

7 Comments:

Blogger http://thankfullga447 said...

I am in a Christmas mood already. This is early for me. I have 2 ornaments that I will make this year. I think it will be 3 now. I love the candy cane.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I was just thinking of you while having my coffee and reading blogs! I am gathering and cutting quilt projects and getting ready for a 4 day retreat. Nothing like a long fall retreat with your Quilty friends!

5:36 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I had a very productive day yesterday. Finished the top for my dgd Christmas quilt which will show up on IG later today. Of course I decided I need flannel or Cuddle for the backing so will have to stop and shop today on my way home from work. And I got the binding on a pile of holiday mug rugs I made for gifts last year...that didn't happen but I have gifts ready for this year! Have a great week Pam.

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Tracy said...

I am almost done with Christmas gifts/shopping...so I am in full "mode" & ready for the lights, decorations, & sweet sounds of Christmas...and stitching!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Hooray for relaxed sewing and no stress! And for getting a jump on holiday projects!! Wow. I'm impressed.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

When is FQS going to get your fabric? I want to order some yardage and I'm tapping my toe here. I'm so glad I bought that yardage on sale last month when it came up. I must be living right to have gotten into that deal! ha Cute candy cane. I can't wrap my head around that stuff yet. But i did bind a couple table runners this weekend for my sister that are christmas. Fun.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Sharrieboberry said...

Are you going to any of the Susan Branch events in CA?

Loving fall! Looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older