Monday, July 15, 2013

Time's up, Pencils Down!

Good morning my happy friends! How are you?  I hope your weekend was a good one.  This week is starting off with a bang! It's time to turn in our finals for the Back to School with Pam Kitty class. 

Back to School with Pam Kitty

To find the perfect spot for photos, we headed over the Ravenswood Historical site in Livermore.  Although built about 20 years after the Civil War ended, it seemed like a perfect location. 

RAvenswood

RAvenswood

Here it is draped over the guest cottage porch rail.  I think it's so pretty and colorful, and I'm very excited about the way it turned out.  My friend Diana quilted it for me. 

Back to School with PKM

Back to School with PKM
 
 
Back to School with PKM
 
Here are my yardage details:
 
Outer Border    2 yards
Inner border     1 yard (that gives you good long lengths to piece)
Sashing            1 yard
Posts                1/8th yard
Binding            1/2 yard
Backing            5 yards
 
Cut sizes:
Sashing            1 1/2 inches
Posts                1 1/2 inches
inner border     2 inches
Outer Border    6 inches
Binding            2 1/4 inches
 
Thanks so much for following along with us on this project. I can't wait to see Kimberly and Debbie's quilts! Also, be sure and check out the flickr page... lots of cute blocks there. Need more inspiration...check out the Pinterest Board!
 
Ok, time to head over and check out Kimberly and Debbie's quilts!!!  Thanks everybody!
 

11 Comments:

Anonymous DianeP said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely quilt - it looks great on the railing of that lovely building!

Congratulations Pam Kitty!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oh how Sweet PKM!!!! It's just adorable -- I'll bet you LOVE it -- I sure do!

Now. Dish. Did you feel funny taking pictures of your quilt in a public place LOL???

6:51 AM  
Blogger Kristen King said...

Uh hum...guess I had better get started on this. It is just beautiful and I just had all the fabrics out yesterday. Perfect location for the photos!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

What a great setting! The white really sets off all those happy colors and fun movement.

Great job!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Annelies said...

Adorable location for a photo shoot....and the MOST adorable quilt!!! XXX

7:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love it Pam! Love the beautiful house as well! Good place to take a pic of this great quilt!t

8:16 AM  
Blogger Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a beauty Pam! It's bound to be with your beautiful fabric!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

You couldn't have picked a better setting to show off your marvelous quilt!

9:31 AM  
Blogger jan said...

It's beautiful. It finally quilt raining enough for me to get a picture of my flimsy. I can;t wait to have it quilted. And of course I can't wait for Pam Kitty Picnic!
I really enjoyed this quiltalong.
jan@http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com/

6:40 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Holy Cow. Shaking my head. Couldn't be cuter. And I love how you took the photo. Such a great idea. It is totally adorable.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Goosegirl said...

Oh so pretty!! I have never been there but maybe we will peek over there today. Your quilt is perfection! I truly need to overcome my terror of quilting and just do it.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older