Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Seriously, it's August?

OH. MY. GOSH. Seriously. Oh. My. Gosh. I know I should play it cool like receiving a huge pile of strike offs is just another  day in the life ... except,  I'm so not cool. I just can't thank Holly enough  for making this collection exceed even my wildest dreams. Let's be honest, she's the genius behind the curtain and I hope everyone knows it!

Here's the panel. I love that it's got a hint of Valentine's Day, and a big dose of "let's be friends". Holly has a very cute quilt coming out in the April issue of McCall's Quilting Magazine, which will appear on newsstands in January. Each panel has 15 blocks, and the project just takes 6, so you still have blocks left over for another project or two!

a2Pam Kitty Love strike offs

Take a look at the pinks and reds. They're so rich and have such an nice variation in color. See that tossed heart print with the girls? I have some plans for pj's pants for my own girl.  And just how cute would it be to applique one of those larger panel motifs onto a coordinating t-shirt for a cute  little set? Stitch up a matching pillow case and it's an enviable ensemble for a girlie sleep over. My head is just spinning with ideas.

Pam Kitty Love strike offs

Of course the whites.. I can feel the hoarder in me coming out.. as with some of my PKM pieces, I've used them, but keep replenishing my stock.  I saw that Kristyne is working on a quilt that is all white background fabrics and it was lovely.   I better make a note to myself to investigate that book for inspiration! I love using a white print instead of plain background in pieced blocks and applique.

Pam Kitty Love strike offs

And lastly, the blacks. LakeHouse is  well known for having nice deep blacks. Working in a quilt shop before, I know those can be hard to find. A lot of our customers asked for black and I hope they'll be happy with the results.  I'm over the moon for them.

a1Pam Kitty Love strike offs

Phew! That's it for me today. Thanks for all your comments on yesterday's post. I'm going to tally those up and make a decision on those blocks. If you haven't posted a comment with your two cents, get on over there!  Thanks you guys for being so darn awesome!!! xo

P.S. LIME GREEN!

20 Comments:

Blogger CuteStuffInside said...

I want them ALL!

6:29 AM  
Blogger strawberrycream39 said...

Siiiigh! They're soooooo pretty. Pam you have outdone yourself!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Eeeeep!!!! They're gorgeous PKM! And SOOOO many. Can't wait to see what Holly has done with the panel!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Love, love, love the fabrics Pam! Just beautiful!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

You already know I'm in love with those blacks. But now that you've mentioned LIME GREEN! I'm thinking of all the black and green combinations. Fun times ahead!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Fabulous fabric, Pam! Great job!!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Sharon S said...

Can't wait to get some of tho Pam Kitty fun! I asked one of my local favs,Over The Rainbow, order some of these & they did!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Wow! Lovw the new fabrics,Pam! I will need some of each!!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

You are such a tease and making it so hard to be patient for those yummies to be available at my favorite Strawberry Patches. I'm loving all I see and the blacks will be a nice change to play with.
The Valentines are so nostalgic and fun.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Meadowcreek said...

Oh, I love those blacks! Can't wait to see them in the stores.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

oooh, aaahhhh! love those blacks!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

So many adorable prints, I can't wait to have them in my sewing room!! I love the whites and how well they mix with all the others....and sweet bright florals on a black background are one of my all time favourite things!
Helen x

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These materials are fabulous! LOVE the colors!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful !! And those blacks........soooooo yummy! Congrats! Nurse Payne

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful !! And those blacks........soooooo yummy! Congrats! Nurse Payne

1:33 PM  
Blogger ❦Bayside Gal❦ said...

I am in love with Lakehouse fabrics. I wish the Teatime series would come back! Having said that, I am so happy the Pam Kitty's Panel is being reprinted. I Love Her! I have been searching everywhere for a stray panel..no luck of course. Now..I only have to wait until December. I can do that! Have a great day...Jeanie

5:51 PM  
Anonymous KathiD said...

At first I thought I liked the panels best. And then I liked the white prints. But then I saw the blacks!! And I love them ALL.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Beautiful Pam!! I love the blacks.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Catching up. I'm a terrible blog friend right now. I love this line. Love the heart print blocks so much.

3:25 PM  
Blogger charlotte said...

These are so pretty. I love the whites the best. If I had little girls, I would love the pinks, but alas, I am only sewing for little boys here...and myself.

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older