Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Daily news

So it's Tuesday, the week is perking along! Did you get a good start on it yesterday? I managed to get a lot of things done, including my block.


Unlike most months, I'm happy with it.  Of course the second I type that I realize, I'm probably not that happy with it. I'm more likely mixed.  Most of my blocks have a light background, so I was trying to keep the block light, but of course now when I look at the picture I just see HEY THERE'S A BIG BLUE SQUARE THERE.   I will say that even though my points don't exactly match, I feel pretty satisfied with them. Do you have a secret for matching a half square and a quarter square triangles? I find those challenging, probably because my piecing isn't perfect. But in real life it's visually on, and that's good enough for me.  (for the most part) (on any given day)

Are you making the quilt? I'm really looking forward to seeing how they all turn out. In the meantime I'm also looking forward to new projects. My personal yardage should be here next month, and I'm excited to begin sewing with Pam Kitty Love.
 

On another note.. GOOD WEATHER! Have a happy day ! xo

P. S. Yes I know, I think I'm cool with my fancy tape. I  actually have had this tape for ages, Frankie gave it to me in my Christmas stocking and I've been hoarding it. Why? Because that's what I do. I love it when I see the cute taped blocks, like here. Of course she's just darling anyway, but the little taped blocks, sigh. And hers are so nice and flat!  

7 Comments:

Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Your block is pretty, yours seem to match perfectly. I have only tried making them once and gave up immediately. I should try again. The tape is really pretty, I have some my daughter gave me too!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Nedra said...

I just finished my blocks last night, and I have a solid color that kind of sticks out too. But, it seems needed so the colors don't all blend in. I thought it was a fun block to make! Love your fabrics and how yours turned out.

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I think your points are great! My secret for getting the best matching points is to use special pins. I call them fork pins, not sure of their official name. They are double pronged pins. One prong goes on one side of the intersecting seams, the other on the other side, so there is no slipping of the matching seams at the time of sewing. I also try to have the intersecting seams pressed the opposite way so that the seams nestle together nicely. Hope this helps! I love your blog and adore your fabric xx sarahleighATinternodeDOTonDOTnet

7:08 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Your block is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the last block and the setting Jackie has planned...I'm imagining the blocks will be on point since there are 13...or at least one on point with the rest around it? Anyway...this has been a terrifically fun quilt along!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I find it refreshing that even you question your work just like the rest of us do - we all tend to do that of our own work. Why do we do that - focus on the not so perfect point or color placement. Well, I too think it's just adorable and will look wonderful when it joins its other block friends.

I have a question for Sarah about those fork pins. I have used them but if you remove pins instead of sewing over them it seems that it defeats their purpose. Do you sew over them? Just curious.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

My daughter natalie gave me a bunch of tape. I'm like you. Why do I save stuff I love? The block is perfect, just like you.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous tasha said...

hi pam! thanks for the compliment...you're very sweet. ;) the block is lovely!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older