Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Something Sweet

Today I have something super delicious to share. Last week Bret brought home these brownies leftover from a meeting he attended.

Best Ever Brownies

They're brownie nirvana. I'm pretty sure they're the best thing I have ever eaten. And luckily for all of us, Shea, who concocted these delicate morsels, has shared the recipe with us! 

Shea's Amazing Brownies

2 eggs room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted & cooled
1 cup cocoa powder (to make them super rich, I tend to use either Valrhona
or Scharffen Berger's - Ghiradelli is good too)
1/4 cup bittersweet cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Oven at 350. Mix eggs & sugar, then add butter. Add vanilla. Sift dry
ingredients together & add to egg mixture. Stir thoroughly (I still
believe in the old 50 strokes guideline).

I then add chocolate chips (a lot of them! I'm guessing it's about 1 1/2
cups but I don't measure them). Could also add nuts of course.

Pour into greased pan (I use Pam for Baking).

Baking time: in my oven they take 19-21 minutes. Use a toothpick for
testing. I always very slightly under-cook them so they're gooier, so I
pull them out while there's still a small bit of wetness to the batter.

So there you have it. Shea is not only a very talented baker, she's Senior Vice President of Human Resources of a large corporation and she's also an entrepreneur. Check out her website here.  Her bibs are the cutest ever!

I hope you enjoy that recipe! Thanks again to Shea for sharing it with us!

Ok, get busy people! Thanks for all your nice comments and emails about the strike offs! And I'm happy you're all happy that the panel is being reprinted!!! Yahoo!

7 Comments:

Blogger randi--i have to say said...

Brownies? Bookmarking! :)

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Martha said...

Yum! What size pan did you use?

6:36 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Oh yes...Valhrona chocolate brownies!! I'm going to be drooling all day now.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

I will have to try those. Many years ago, I won my hubby's heart with brownies and they were made from a box mix.LOL I have been trying scratch recipes lately.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Kathy MacKie said...

MMMMM-thanks for the recipe, now I will have to look for the Valrhona cocoa powder!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my. To die for. Take that dear lizzy cupcakes.

7:48 AM  
Blogger GardenOfDaisies said...

I like the little strawberry plate you have them on.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older