Friday, May 11, 2012

Buttoned Up

Wow, it's totally Friday again, how did that happen? Time seems to be flashing by. This time next week I'll be sitting in the LakeHouse booth showing off Pam Kitty Love to anyone who comes by! Wish I would see all you guys there!

PamKittyLove Button fabric

But since you can't be there here's a peek at something fun coming your way! I have to tell you, Holly and I were talking about buttons and the cute old cards and this is what that conversation turned into! I'm always so amazed at her talent. I see so many great ways to use this. First off cutting them up and using them as applique.. how cute would these be as pockets. Or sewn to a little dress? Maybe even a border! I can't wait till I have actual fabric to play with. Bags, I'm dying to make myself a button bag. I totally love it and I hope you love it too!

Ok, Happy Mother's Day to all you special Moms out there, especially my own sweet Mom and  Mother-In-Law. Have a good weekend ! xo
buttonstar

17 Comments:

Blogger Genie said...

Happy Mother's Day. Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That button fabric is so pretty. I love the tonal quality of it. The little star block is very cute, hope we'll see that in a pattern soon.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Happy Mother's Day PKM -- see you next week!!!

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Susan said...

Adorable. See you next week.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

We are looking forward to seeing you and your line. Do you take appointments or do you want us to circle the booth until your free? You are always so busy meeting your public, signing autographs, posing for pictures and writing orders. = )

6:57 AM  
Blogger Suburban Stitcher said...

yay for market! i'm going to busy putting final touches on a new tote and nametag for next week :)

7:03 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

What a great print! I think this is one that will require some Mod Podge.

You're in the home stretch now. Hang in there!!!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

What a acute idea !!! I always hated taking the buttons off of those little cards and messing up their little display!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

oh button cards! Love love them. Love this. Fabulous idea. Amazing. I love the little star block. That is sew darn sweet.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Vickie E said...

I totally love it!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Sharon S said...

Love the button fabric! Have great Mother's Day weekend!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Your blog and goodies are so sweet. Saw your jam on pinterest. Do you sell it? I would love to display one in my kitchen. Thanks

Erin
eparker@arkwest.com

11:19 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

OMPKMG! I love the button card fabric! You + Holly = GENIUS! I can practically hear the buttons jiggle on their cards when I look at them. What serious sweetness!!!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I love buttons. My Mom was a sewing teacher and my favorite place to go with her was called The Windsor Button Shop. Millions of buttons of every color and shape. Oh how I miss that place.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Happy Mother's Day! I will miss seeing you at market...it was so fun to finally meet you last spring! My son will be at the Nevada State Track Championships, so I will be there...maybe I'll see you in Houston?!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

In jr. high I made a navy blue skirt with 2 deep pockets. I sewed every little white button Mom and I could find on each pocket. Fabric was burcher linen...anyone remember butcher linen?

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Button card fabric...oh, I am so in love...can't wait to get ahold of some of that.. Thanks for the peek.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older