Friday, November 18, 2011

TGIF

Yeah, definitely TGIF! Today I'm picking Bret up from the airport, he's back from two weeks away again. This may be the last trip of the year for work I hope! While he's been gone I have done a lot of sewing and computering and dinking around the house. And don't forget my plumbing experience! Not that I want to assume all plumbing duties from now own, but I like knowing I can help myself if necessary.



I have my blocks done, I'm making a little Criss Cross quilt as a backup boy baby quilt. I reduced the size of the block to 6 inches and I think the blocks look pretty cute. I will sew those together while I wait to leave for the airport.



Quick gardening question to anyone who might know. I notice my Iceberg roses are all a pale pink now. Is that because of the colder weather? This happens each year before I cut them back, then come spring, all white again. Maybe Ferne will know. Hope she drops by and sees my question.


Ok peeps, I hope you have a great weekend. Next week starts the holiday season right? Big plans?

10 Comments:

Blogger Melissa P said...

Love those blues. Have a Happy Friday!

7:00 AM  
Blogger ferne said...

Of course I would drop by! I visit your blog every time you post on my google reader. The answer to your rose question is that you are right it is the cold weather. A lot of roses get such intense colors in the cold, their leaves are looking ugly, but the flowers and the hips are really beautiful now. We are expecting a little snow later today so that should either make them bright or just plain fall off...we shall see...Thanks for thinking of me Pam!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

Love the blue...can't wait to see it together. I'm going to try to use the log cabins as the border all the way around in a wave. Maybe I can work on Allison's quilt too this weekend. I hope.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous amanda said...

the blue is SO cute!!! Those blocks are great great great!!!!!!!

Also, dang those roses are so pretty!

AND! YAY BRET!!!!!! WOO WOO!!!!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Adorable blue baby quilt...love it! My iceberg roses have also done that pale pink thing for years. I love it. I imagine it's all weather related or they just wanna blush at how much I love them all year. Have a great weekend and glad your sweetheart is headin home!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Aileen said...

The Icebergs pure white flowers will have occasional pink flushes in the bud stage, especially in early spring and fall, when nights are cold and damp. Some pink spotting will also appear in the petals caused by dewdrops, or rain, that remain overnight and then being color activated by the morning sunshine. It's totally weather activated.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous pat sloan said...

I'm reading fast and thought it said 'sewing and drinking around the house'... well there you go.. what is your favorite drink mz. kitty?

5:41 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I like the blue too! Of course I love all the pieces in your line Ms PKM!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

So, so sweet! Love the blue and the small block...very sweet!

4:14 AM  
Blogger PamB said...

Hi Pam, love your blues block and your article in Q Generation. Jackies's podcast with you was excellent. Hope to see you again next year at Quilt Market. Jackie's quilting buddy Pam

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older