Friday, August 12, 2011

Spider free zone

It's back to being warm here. I grabbed a few minutes out back trying to whisk away the millions of pounds of spiderwebs wrapping everything in my back yard. What's with that? I don't see any spiders, just webs wrapped everywhere. Eventually it's just feels too hot to be doing it. Of course this year our hot isn't all that hot thankfully. I'm sure September will be scorching to make up for it.


More than likely you thought you'd seen the last of this project! But I finished up the machine quilting and now I just need to go score a pillow form. And finish the pillow but you know what I mean.


No big plans for the weekend here, what about where you are?


8 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

That is going to be the cutest pillow!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

2011 is the Year of the Spider in the Tri-Valley. We are having the same problem here and my mom is in San Ramon too. We have even found 2 black widows right on our porch! Yikes! Seems like we have had a spider outbreak!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Love it. Soo cute! I am in the San Joaquin valley and we are swimming in spiders too. :( Had to have someone come and spray due to several black widows around the house.. our dog, a black Newfie, was bitten--he was okay, but he had quite a scary reaction.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

That is such a cute pillow! I love the colors.

We're seeing lots of spider webs in Seattle too and are watching out for the Extra Large Fast Moving Spiders (ELFMS).

12:13 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Spider web bonanza here in NJ also! Worst part is when I leave for the gym in the morning, the invisible webs I walk through. EWWW! I started leaving a stick by the front door and I wave it in front of me to clear the way. Good thing the neighbors are all asleep at that hour because they would thing I was nuts. :)
Love the pillow and the crape myrtle.
Denise

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Tracy Souza said...

I am still exploring Sicily but hope to get to the one and only quilt shop on the island this afternoon...maybe.

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

How pretty this is!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

We've never seen those spiders, either, just the webs - but now that we have Marvin, our quarterly pest expert - we never have them - whew! He was worth every penny of those darned no-see-ums! Love those pretty snowballs, too!
Cheers!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older