Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Catching up

Good morning my lovelies, how are you? Its warm warm warm here in Livermore, so we're locked up in the house with the windows shut tight starting about 9am. I have a little schedule of opening and shutting the windows to take advantage of the ocean breezes that creep into the valley. One false move though and the house heats up and the delicate balance is broken.

Last week sewing at Alex's was super fun. I love getting together with my sewing group, but I'm not an acheiver by any means. Hadn't sewn a stitch on my Vintage Dishes that I started on my sewing retreat with Lori and Nanette. I finished more cups so I'm on my way. Sadly, I'm not even making the whole quilt!!! I'm just making a 4 plates and 8 cups!!! LOSER.



My favorite cup is the one Lori made for me. Not only did she cut it out, and piece it, she did a lovely little bit of embroidery on it. Isn't that bee cute? That of course clinches it, I can't let this piece languish in the to-do pile.. it must be finished.




Lunch was delicious as it always is at these sewing events!! Famous Deb Silva made salmon and Alex whipped up a wonderful pasta salad. It was pretty nice out so we sat outside in Alex's wonderful backyard.


I made dessert, angel food cake, fresh strawberries and a drizzle of lemon curd. Yummy.



Alex and Deb got a lot done. Alex got a quilt on the frame and started quilting. Deb was hand sewing binding. We don't often get a chance to get together with Alex, so it was a special day.


On other fronts, did you hear about this over on the Sew Fabulous Quilt Shop blog? I encourage you to vote for your favorite new line of fabric coming out.. PamKittyMorning is in the line up with some heavy hitters!!!


So that's it for today! Hope you guys are keeping cool. Well except you people having winter.. that would be cruel. xo

12 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Went over and gave you a vote. It was not hard I love the line!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Nedra said...

I love the little bee that Lori embroidered on her tea cup. I plan on making her Vintage Dishes soon, and will now add embroidery to some of the blocks. Good idea!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Another vote cast for PKM! Hooray!

Enjoy your day. I'm hopeful that some of your heat will eventually make it south.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Wow! I'm originally from Livermore. Didn't realize you were from there. Love Inbetween Stitches! My family is still there.

Good luck on the voting!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Voted for you know who!!!! YOU!!!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Patticakes said...

Love your tea cup blocks and your daily posting of cups! Been following your blog for a while and quilting since 1976. Love your colorful attitude!
My brother works for the city of Livermore. He runs the golf course, among other things. I got to see him when we were both in Florida last year. It had been 8 years since we had seen each other. Hoping to visit him soon and go on a tour of your city!

9:26 AM  
Blogger strawberrycream39 said...

I never thought of lemon curd with cake and berries...great idea! I love the bee teacup, so cute. I'm going to scoot over to that site and give another vote for PKM. :-) Jen

12:15 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

What a fun day. With great people. And sewing fun things. Oh that lemon curd. I was going to make some this past weekend but lazed out. Someday. Wish I were with you. We do the same thing with our windows. We usually don't need air conditioning in June and prob that will be the same for this year. The window thing works even for most really warm days, until July. No ocean breeze here, but a canyon one.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

Hi Pam...I see some progress on your quilt...WooHoo!!!
I'm sew glad you like the cup and I wish we could get together and sew some more!
LOve the lemon curd and strawberries...a delicious memory from our little retreat:)
xx
Lori

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

Thank you so much for the mention! Big hugs! And my gosh - I wish I had been there for the angel food cake with strawberries. I'm drooling in front of the computer screen! I haven't had one of those in forever....and now of course I'm going to have to make an Angel Food Cake this weekend to satisfy my craving!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

That cake looks luscious!

I do the same routine with the windows. Even on hot days, like we've had lately too, it cools off at night, so I open up. Then all around closing up in the morning. I learned it from my mother-in-law. We have a/c but most days the closed-in night cool plus ceiling fans keeps it comfortable.

There were some nice PKM patterns in that fab LBQ box that arrived here yesterday! Whee!

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older