Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Control

Good morning everybody. I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend. (normally I'd put an exclamation point here but I've noticed I've gotten out of control with those lately.. trying to cut back) We had a great time here.

The picture doesn't have much to do with anything. It's some trim on an old apartment building downtown. Have you noticed all the lattice screens lately on TV and in magazines? I really love the look.

I spent all yesterday afternoon sewing. Market season you know. Last night I finally quit around 8 when I had a block that just wouldn't come together. Everything measures up. I DON'T GET IT. Hopefully this morning I'll go in there, lay my ruler on it and see right off. Thank goodness the rest have gone together correctly. I thank Mary Ellen Hopkins every time I make one of those connector blocks, you know, a sew and flip square.
On a side note.. have you seen the new Charlevoix by Minnick and Simpson? Cherries people.
P.S. I remade that block out of the same pieces and today it works. WHAT THE HECK PEOPLE.

15 Comments:

Blogger Quilting with Pugs said...

I, too, have blocks that give me trouble. The next day or I ask someone for help, it works.

7:37 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I think thats the same kind of universal question like "Where do all the socks go?"

7:47 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Charlevoix is so different for Minnick and Simpson. I cannot wait to get my hands on some.
I wanted really bad to use two exclamation points, but held back.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Charlevoix, really looks PKM-friendly!!! Feel free to pile on the exclamation points, your enthusiasm is what makes us all happy. Or is that HAPPY HAPPY as you like to say?

8:22 AM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

You are just the nicest person. I am looking forward to seeing you soon, market is always such a charge. Remind me to tell you a little story - regarding your delightful "Hello Day"
Best
Polly

1:21 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Cherries indeed -- I thought of YOU when I saw that fabric. It screams PKM!!!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I have so much freaking sewing to do and no one in this house is cooperating with me. No one. I might have to move. I seriously cannot wait to see you though!!! Good times are a coming.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Tracy said...

PKM!!!!
Glad to hear your weekend was great!!! Hope your Market prep goes more smoothly from here on out!!!!! Now I am off to a 12-step program for punctuation violators!!!!

;)

10:15 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I used to love to watch Mary Ellen when she would be on Alex's show. What a hoot. I would love to take a class from her if she is still teaching.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my gosh I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with rulers and making things fit. I hate panels but RJR has me working with a panel they are putting out. It isn't square! I wanted to make a table topper with the panels facing side and up and I couldn't make it work. Anyway, 2 nights lost on that stupid thing. I took it to the quilter today. I wish I was working with fabric of my own design.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Christine said...

I hate it when that happens!

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

Sometimes ya just gotta step away from the project...or get coffee. Hey! I like your !!! :)

7:24 AM  
Blogger Sharrieboberry said...

Yes, I have seen the cherries. Lovely!

9:18 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

I <3 U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxom!!!!!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!!
!
!

!!!

!!!

!!!

!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(sorry... the vicodin made me do it)

1:23 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Hmmm, I am glad the block came together!! I have one occasionally like that...I like that trim you photographed!

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older