Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Snow Day

I'm going through a really boring phase here. So I'm trotting out the weather to entertain you. Because finally, we had some weather. Elizabeth was on Twitter showing off her snow photo yesterday. I didn't get to see any snow in my backyard, which was a huge disappointment. So I went looking around a bit to see what was out there.
I wasn't the only one looking to take some pictures of snow. Looks like these folks were too.. lets hope they didn't tweet and drive.

And then I came home and finished up this little project. See what I mean? Not even the same kind of shelf.. but I still like how it turned out.


I'm featuring my Cath Kidston soap, which I ordered just for the box. I can't use products with fragrance, so I gave the soap away. My mom will like the soap, and, well, I'll enjoy the box. Also seen here is my little Martha Stewart Ornament, the chair. Seriously, it's a close as I'll ever get to the darling one that Alicia has. (you'll need to scroll a bit) I am all about the copycat.



8 Comments:

Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

That is something I would do, but I might not admit it. Buy the soap for the box, give the soap away and show off said box. We are twisted, twisted, people. Um, it was so worth it. Great box and shelf.

Laurie

6:56 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

The hills look so pretty all dressed up in their snow mantle . . . (sigh) . . . & your shelf - ADORABLE! I love how you have lined the shelves with fabric & the pom-pom trim. . . perfect.
xo, Bren

8:06 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Oh pom poms! I love the little shelf. The soap looks wonderful.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally...I prefer snow at a distance. Like on those mountains. However, I did buy new winter boots cuz the reality is...sidewalks to shovel and drifts to wade thru! We had 6 ft of snow last year, a record year. When I lived in the country the snow stayed white and beautiful a lot longer than it does here in the city! I miss that!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

The snow was AWESOME and I'm sorry you missed it. Your shelf is cuter than mine.
I may have to remedy that some one of these days.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

I completely understand buying the soap for the box. And your chair and shelf? Totally CUTE!

We got rain instead of snow, but it was 24 here this morning so the frozen rain on everything kind of almost looked like a coating of snow. For a while.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Yup... I'd buy it just for the box too. And what a darling box that is!

I love the snow. I soooo wish I could have seen it. My brother got a nice dumping of it in Clayton. I love how magical it is, especially when you live in a place that's not supposed to get it. I love that!

6:00 PM  
Blogger TheaMinPA said...

It was on the news here - SAN JOSE airport had to DE-ICE the planes before take-off!
I'm so wishing we had snow - what we are getting is freezing rain! YUCKKK!

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older