Thursday, July 09, 2009

Detour

Frankie didn't feel well yesterday, so I ended up at loose ends. I needed some gardening supplies so headed over to Alden Lane in the afternoon. The weather has been so wonderful here, I'm almost afraid typing it out will jinx the whole thing.



Look at this! I did not believe it was even real when I first saw it, or maybe it was one of those weird grafted cactus type jobs you see now and then. It is real and its some kind of echeveria. Well it looked real anyway, and if I wrote the Alden Lane Blog you can believe I'd be writing about stuff like this.. because it was amazing in real life. I love that place.

I also loved this Butterfly shrub. Or something with butterfly in the name, I now don't completely remember. It didn't have any identifying information on it, so I didn't get it. I used to have a butterfly bush but man I cannot keep those suckers under control.


Quilting in the Garden is coming up, and already there's a preview..


This is an upcoming pattern from Alex. I did the blanket stitching on it last year!!! Cute huh? And perfect for summer.
I guess since I dilly dallied around yesterday, I better get cracking today. xo


11 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

I love this nursery as well! I'll have to head out to see the preview quilts.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Be careful ... be very, very, careful. I typed about our unseasonably cool June weather ... and now this weekend it's going to be over 115. Thanks for letting me cool off in the foliage. Love the ice cream cones. Hmmmm ... there's a possible solution for the heat.

Gotta go.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love the ice cream cone quilt!! Especially the quilting.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

The ice cream cone quilt is really cute.
Is the Quilting in the Garden preview a Sandy Cummings quilt? I am going to have to go to that show!!!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

Next to quilt shops, nurseries are my favorite places! Sorry Frankie wasn't feeling well, but I think your day turned out pretty good, Pam! Buddleia Davidii - I think that's the name that escaped you - it's one of my fav shrubs - never seen this variety with the orange and yellow flowers - cool!
And I love Alex's Ice Cream Cone quilt!
Cheers!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm so jealous! You've sure been out seeing great stuff.

10:49 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

I'm hoping THIS is the year I get to finally go to ALN's quilt show. Since ALN can't schedule it around MY schedule, I guess I have to work around theirs and come back down in September.

11:11 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

PS... if you wrote for their blog... it would an off the charts success!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

love the ice cream... i can't wait to get that pattern!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

Hope Frankie is feeling okay now : )

2:38 PM  
Blogger dokiquilts said...

that ice cream quilt is so cool. oh, no pun intended :-) i've been following along the First Quilt thread started by Carrie & Camille and just so happens that my first quilt is an ice cream quilt too--but this is way cuter.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older