Monday, March 09, 2009

Weekend Recap

So did you peeps have a good weekend? I ran some errands on Saturday and Sunday we met Frankie in San Jose for lunch. We like Buca di Beppo so we met up for a scrumptious Italian lunch. Buca is at a popular mall location and I was shocked at the empty parking lot. Parking places galore. The whole mall was pretty empty, more like a weekday morning than a Sunday afternoon. It was nice for walking around but sure bad for business. Yikes.

Buca has some crazy decor and I was determined to get some shots of the bathroom because seriously people, its like a flashback to my youth. I wish my picture of the plastic fish would have turned out, shades of our bathroom in the 50's. Frankie hadn't noticed them before and was dying over them. Everything old is new again I guess.

I can remember my mom using that Fanci-Ful hair color back in the day. I just crack up every time I see this little beauty display.

There were lots of 'products' that needed explaining, which always cracks me up. Believe me when I say, we have come a long way baby.

These pink tiles match the pink the in the stalls and the pink on the horrifying wallpaper. Somethings should not be revisited.

I loved this pink shade on a very ugly base. I see these all the time at the antiques shows and wish I had ceiling lights.

This blue one reminded me of a gold lamp that was hanging in our house here. The blue is probably a million times better but still, not that good.

Retro was the theme, saw this car driving home. Seriously I wish that cat would look as good on my car as it does on this red one. I love this stuff.

I find this time change hard, it feels more like hours than hour, thank goodness the daylight we're saving looks like this.

Busy week ahead with appointments etc, so posting may be sparse. I'll miss you peeps, and will be checking bloglines on my Sidekick, because that's how I roll.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That really is a crazy way to decorate a restaurant. Good idea, to take pictures of it. Thanks for sharing. I love explaining strange old things to my kids. You are reminding me of when I was at my mom's a few years ago. I asked my son to call his dad for me. My mom still had a rotary phone. He just stared at it and said, "How do you work this?" Ha!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Were you in that bathroom trying out all that stuff Pam??? lolol!! I love that red car and the cat on the license plate.
Maybe next week we'll be used to this time change stuff.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

What a crack up !!! I love all the "products" in the Buca diPepe bathrooms too .... but my favorite thing is the revolving Pope head on the table in the "Pope Room" .... how wonderfully tacky is that?!?!!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I have been to the Buca di Beppo in Palo Alto, and it is decorated similarly. They have a section called the Pope's Corner that is all religious artifacts and a big portrait of some Pope. Crazy place, and the food is plentiful!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Jona Giammalva said...

I love Buca! You really need to sneak into the men's bathroom and take pictures though (it's scandalous I tell you!). It also helps that they have great food!

I know what you mean about empty parking lots. We went to the Cheesecake Factory on a Friday night recently and I couldn't believe how quiet it was. Usually you have to wait at least 1/2 hour for a seat. But I guess theaters are having record sales (go figure), even at 9.50 a pop.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool place! Overheard some whispering in the restaurant, "there's a lady in the bathroom taking pictures". And hey... no ice tea shot?!?!

So sad about empty places... we went to Buoy 9 for dinner last Friday night. It's usually PACKED, and it was empty. Great for us... but it's really sad. Ooops... I didn't do an ice tea shot either. I guess we're even.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now I am starving for some cheese ravioli, margherita pizza and beans & greens (which they discontinued--harrumph). Oh and a little garlic bread? Yum yum yum. Makes the breakfast yogurt even more boring.

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, does that bring back memories. I remember that pink and gray hair rinse bottle from my grandma's house. She had a pink and gray kitchen too! With little kitty salt and pepper shakers that I still have! I'll have to put up a picture of them on the blog sometime. Thanks for a fond memory! Love ya!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older