Monday, March 31, 2008

Coffee and Friends

So did you have a good weekend? It threatened rain here but didn't come through. Lots of puffy clouds though. I love that.
Friday I had a great day. Started out with breakfast out with my friend Dee. I've known Dee for about 6 years, she works at the shop and is an excellent teacher. Patient, kind, knowledgeable. She teaches a lot of beginner classes and does the kids camp in the summer.
She has started her own pattern company, DeeVine Quilts, and she brought me a one of her first patterns, which is my favorite. I had some fabrics set aside for a while, waiting to use them on this quilt. I had planned on making it as a sample for the shop, so just picked things that were available, but maybe now I'll do some switcheroo, I'm not loving that yellow anymore. Sometimes it seems weird just sewing for fun and not with the idea of doing something that might work out at the shop.

Got some mailbox love from Sandy and Shirley. Love those little frames Shirley. Sandy popped that head vase in along with her new pattern Paper Doll Dresses. It is so clever.

I'm lucky to have such good friends. And breakfast out.. why aren't we doing that more often?

Ok, this week is my experiment.. I'm going to try turning off the word verification for comments. I'm having a heck of a time leaving comments out and around. Typepad seems to be running at a snail's pace and I confess, I often give up before my comment goes through. That doesn't seem fair since you are all so faithful with your comments. I hope if there are robots out there posting, they're the sweet Robbie type and not that scary Robocop kind. Those freak me out.

13 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Pam, if you figure out how to do that, will you email me? I hate the word verification step and would love to remove it from my blog too.
Nicole

10:31 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

OMG, it must have worked!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such a rebel PAM!!!! Those robots are super scary - they may have death rays... :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I have never had verification for my blog and I've only had 1 strange post. I take chances I guess but so far so good.

You're right, we need to do more things that bring joy, like breakfast out!

And I like that yellow.

11:37 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Oh. . . ! Breakfast is my favorite meal to go out for. . . (even to have breakfast sometimes for dinner!) I hope your 'rain' comes here - although it will probably go north of us. The weather here has been beautiful - but I'm dreading the summer heat that is coming soon. . . & I would love one more good rain!
(I love the name of Dee's pattern line!. . . How cleaver!)
xo, Bren

12:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Breakfast with friends is the best!! Especially if it involves a little fabric or just fabric talk!! The pattern looks great...Congrats to Dee.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

What fun to always have new patterns to look at! I can't wait to make the doll clothes quilt myself. And Dee's pattern is wonderful--super for beginners.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

What fun to always have new patterns to look at! I can't wait to make the doll clothes quilt myself. And Dee's pattern is wonderful--super for beginners.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute pattern, love your fabrics!

Breakfast w/friends is the best, isn't it!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

Oh Dee is a sweetie, didn't know she had her own patterns! Are they only at the shop?
.... BOO!

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No word-veri! Mmmm... luxury blogging! This is like flying first class... but with no great meal. Oh, yes - I'd love a great meal with each comment. Preferably breakfast. Can you work on that one too?

Love going out to breakfast, and love ordering breakfast at dinner time too. And all the better with friends!

We had snow AGAIN on Sunday, but soon turned to sunshine. Almost all caught up with my work... will catch-up with you soon! :o) xo-m

1:19 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Pam -

Hey there! I saw these on Etsy and thought of you right away.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10161808

Lotta

2:36 PM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I had to turn work verification on as I was getting some comments that seemed like they would cause a virus if you went to their web sites.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older