Thursday, July 19, 2007

Taking Auditions

Look at this. Not something you normally see in Northern California in the summer. I woke up yesterday at the crack of dawn and instead of laying in bed complaining to myself that I was up too early, then falling asleep right before I had to be up and feeling like crap all day, I just got up. And did stuff. I know people, it's a shocker to me too.

Not only did I sew some rows together on my latest project, I actually sat and had coffee on the swing enjoying some magazines and the birds. And still was ready for work on time!

Work was a lot of fun! Leslie brought me a birthday treat! Get a load of those glasses! Those will make me feel like a star out on the swing won' t they! Leslie's so thoughtful.

This rose is so lovely, I hope that I can keep it alive. It's a Palace Rose. It looks like old silk flowers doesn't it. A lot of people wondered if it was even real. I just can't get over how beautiful it is. Thank you so much Leslie.

So here's the start of my latest project. Totally shocking, not my kind of colors at all, but I was just moved to make something different. I really like the oranges in the Urban Chicks line Summer in the City. It's on of Elizabeth's patterns, At Home. It calls for Jelly Rolls but I just calculated how much to buy for the stack of fabrics I collected and made my own roll!



Here's what I ended up choosing for borders. It will also have a piano key border. Quite cute. Not what I was thinking I'd do, so I'm glad I waited to buy the borders till it was put together. My original plan was to use the Chez Moi floral but just didn't look good. I know when I first started quilting I always wanted to choose everything in advance but now I like to wait, see how the project goes before committing myself.

Today I'm off with Frankie and Elizabeth to this month's opening of Room with a Past. We're hoping to find some apartment goodies! Anne says that's where she's really scored lately, so we're going to try our luck. It's been a while. Should make for a fun day. I hope you have a fun day peoples.. thanks again for the birthday wishes. I appreciate you all so much.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a fab day (with those hot to trot glasses, how could you not?)!!!! WOW I LOVE that quilt!!! What is it with orange lately? I've been drawn to it, too. And that quilt....that quilt...it's so cheery and juicy! love love love.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, sounds like you are going to have a fun day! Can't wait to hear about the place.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm telling you I usually do darker fabrics myself but I'm loving these bright ones lately. Now shoot I think I'll go order the bundle. THANKS!!!
Have fun shopping today.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the oranges in this line. I am jsut so inspired by it. I can't wait to see it all finished! happy Belated Birthday darling!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Chookyblue...... said...

happy birthday hope it was good.........love the orange quilt...looks so fresh and can't wait to see it finished.......

4:03 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Great idea to use jelly rolls or charm packs for the rail fence design! I love the way you isolated the color you wanted to focus on and stuck with it. Seriously cute.
I really expected to see a picture of you with those glasses on. Maybe the next time you are wearing pink?

5:10 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Pam, a question: How many different prints/stripes etc did you use for your orange rail fence design?

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (late) birthday! The roses and sunglasses are super cool. And I love the new quilt!

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Happy birthday Miss Pam!! Hope it was grand. I ADORE this orange quilt! I'd never have thought to pick those colors either, but danged if they don't make me happy lookin' at it!
jenduncan (dot typepad dot com)

8:02 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Yes, it's seriously cute! I wish I could see more of Elizabeth's patterns - I already own several - but her webmaster still has not updated her website. Sigh!

9:05 PM  
Blogger atet said...

Oh, I LOVE this quilt. Those bright colors sure do sing. That Urban Chicks line is fantastic and I love the border choice.

12:41 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Happy belated birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day surrounded by family, friends and fabric!

And I'm LOVING the oranges! Can't wait to see the quilt finished. :)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Andria said...

I am so crazy about orange and peach right now. Popsicles. That is what your quilt reminds me of and I love it! Thank you so very much for the well-wishes and a happy birthday to you!

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated happy biethday Pam! I can't wait to see a picture of you wearing those glasses?

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the typo. I meant to say "BIRTHDAY" not biethday. tee-hee!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

What an awful preoccupied friend I've been not to have known it was your birthday! I'm so sorry.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Those glasses are awesome, I really hope you let someone take a picture of you in them. And the roses are gorgeous!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Suzie said...

I love the orange colors!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older