Saturday, March 03, 2007

Fancy Things

One of the lucky perks with the Quilter's Buzz article was that I received a lot of really nice comments and email from people. In one particular instance, it was someone that I had met a long time ago at quilt market, October 1999 as a matter of fact.



I think people who have been quilting for a long time might recognize some of the quilts in the background there. They're quilts from Cabbage Rose's Fancy Things books.

Barbara has a new blog now. When she left the comment on my blog I was over the moon. Famous people, you know how that wows me. Barbara was very friendly and nice to me when I saw her at quilt market. Of course she saw like a million people and I don't expect her to remember me at all, but I think we had girls the same or similar age, and more than once I plopped my fat.. I mean weary bones down in her folding chair.

Like a lot of quilters who've been at it for a while, personally or professionally, we're all looking to make some changes, try some new things, and Barbara is at it full speed ahead. Check out her new blog, I love the owls Barbara. I still love your stuff, old or new, its fresh and clean, inspiring.

8 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I can remember when it would be SO EXCITING to go to my local quilt shop and find a new Cabbage Rose or Black Mountain quilt book. I still have some pretty big chunks of Barbara's first line of fabric, too.
And her blog is terrific and I can't wait to see what new things she comes up with!

8:17 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

i'm loving her owls too. and the pink/brown/white quilt is adorable too.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too love Cabbage Rose/Barbara Brandeburg books! I also love the style of her self-published books. I think I have them all!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too love the Cabbage Rose books and patterns...in fact I am trying to finish one that I started a while ago.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pam; I have been reading your blog since last fall market and was so excited to read about Barbara Brandenburg and Cabbage Rose! I have been a fan of hers for years and have a serious collection of her books too. I have been wondering what she has been up to, and now I know!! What an inspiration she is. Imagine reinventing yourself after you have been doing something for so long. I think that's incredible, and I can't wait to see what Barbara comes up with next!

Hope to see you again at market!
Tammy Tadd
Tammy Tadd Designs

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. What a fun surprise. You are all so sweet. I may not be able to sleep tonite now. Makes me want to sew faster!! Awe shucks! Hi Tammy, Hi Elizabeth, Hi Pam, and to all the rest of you, too. Made my day.

Pam, I know who you are. I had you and Elizabeth switched. I remember you VERY VERY well!!!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Obviously I need to check out her work. And her blog, which I will do right now before the kid starts heckling me to play legos or spies.

Pam, you strike me as a pretty unforgettable person.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Thanks for passing along this blog to check out. There are so many great ones that's it's nice to get a reccomendation about one.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older