Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Swiffer Free Post



Before Christmas I participated in a fun contest over at Angelina's blog, and I won this cute potholder. It came along with one of Phillip's postcards which I love. The contest was about the worst gift you ever got and I thought the salad spinner from an old boy friend was pretty bad but turns out there are some people with some real bad-gift stories. I really enjoy Angelina's blog, I find it interesting and thought provoking, and often eerily like looking back on the years where Frankie was young. I would have enjoyed standing in the back of the classroom with Angelina. I always felt a little bit of an outcast during the school years.




I've been sewing. A lot. The mystery quilt clues are going out this week so I have to get on the ball, I'm not all that much farther ahead of the crowd. You can see here I'm ready to get busy, coffee, sewing, Sidekick. Gotta keep in contact with my peeps. The quilt is turning out cute. I'll post photos once the quilt is revealed in a few weeks.

Some people have asked just what a mystery quilt is. A mystery quilt is one where you don't know what the finished quilt looks like. Clues are passed out giving you fabric amounts, cutting and sewing instructions and you follow along doing each step not knowing where its all going to end up. This quilt we're working on is twin size I think. Or close to it. I think I'm on step 4.



And this is a pretty box of spring. Soon to be in a pot on my porch. I hope you have a super day my dears!

10 Comments:

Blogger (Angie) Norththreads: said...

Cant wait to see what your making & I love the potholder! Must go see what this kitty craft thing is!
~cheers~
Ang

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too always felt as the Outcast Mom in DS#1's early school years in the 80's. It was the mother/daughter matching Laura Ashley dresses era and I was in my t-shirt, jeans and flip-flop era. Oh wait... I'm STILL in that era! Now looking back, I think all those other moms were the outcasts and not me. GAWD... where were you and Angelina back then! Sigh... I've found you now. PS... I too love Angelina's blog. It's brain breakfast and makes me smile (and laugh). She has that witty and humorous way of writing like you do.

Speaking of keeping in contact with your peeps... a re, re, re, re, re, re, re, re is coming to an inbox soon!

Have a beautiful PKM Pam!

8:50 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

pretty box of spring indeed!

and i'm loving your mystery quilt fabrics! so cute!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pam! I still have my banana and chocolate hair!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

She does indeed! I've been craving a hot fudge sundae since 10 a.m...(bananas do NOT belong in the same bowl as ice cream).

6:31 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Sigh and sigh again...spring...so close and yet so far.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are such pretty fabrics. I can't imagine you in the back of the classroom.

From one of your peeps.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love,love,love the fabric! The box of spring is hot, too!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Oh, now I really have a hankering for freshly planted flowers in my half barrels.

Thanks for showing off the pot holder! You say the nicest things.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older