Friday, January 19, 2007

The Quilt Show

Here's my friend Alex Anderson the other day at the shop! She's got a new business, The Quilt Show, with Ricky Tims and she's showing off her new credit cards. Sometimes we forget that people we've seen on TV are just real people, thrilled about silly stuff we're thrilled about.
Anyway, you can head over to The Quilt Show's website and read all about it. She's excited like a kid over this. You can also listen to her podcasts on her website. There's a funny one about how she managed to shoplift a bottle of Syntropol from the shop and she even mentions me. ME MY FRIENDS.. she mentions me. You can listen to it, it's podcast #3.
Anyway she was in the shop with Kris Spray to work on a project for the Manteca Quilt Guild. Alex is the featured artist in 2009 and she's designing the opportunity quilt and Kris is making it. We had some fun choosing fabrics. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
I have had a lot of thrilling opportunities thanks to Alex, she's had me do some 'stunt sewing' for her and I even was invited to participate in a book due out this fall. Thanks Alex for giving me my quilting moment in the sun! Good luck with The Quilt Show!

5 Comments:

Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I'm sure if Alex blogged she's be telling her readers...

"PamKittyMorning mentions me on her blog. ME my friends, ME... on PKM!"

11:02 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

i didn't actually offend you yesterday, did i? :-(

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are famous too, aren't you?? Sounds very exciting.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I'm definitely starting to think you're more famous than I imagined!

I don't mind, you're so down to earth. Just stay that way, OK?

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a woowoo moment! I've just found Alex's podcasts and now I'm working my way though them. I'm a little late to the party since I only recently discovered the addictive joys of quilting. I didn't even know that Simply Quilts was cancelled! So crushed! I do remember the story about her accidental shoplifting. I'm up to podcast #15 or something, but I'll have to go back and listen to #3 again! Too too cool! Woot!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older