Monday, November 13, 2006

Right on Target

I've had a love affair with Target for many years. Its been my place of refuge, a place to seek peace, to wander aimlessly .. just me and my cart.

At first Target was far away, there wasn't enough time to get there during school. Target wasn't available till 10am. Kindergarten was over at 11:45. It didn't take long though, and Target came to town. I could meet up with Target pretty much morning, noon and night. And I did, my friends, I did.

As the years went by, Target and I began to drift apart a bit. My constant need to meet up for a quiet moment diminished, and then there was the facelift.. Target, how could you? don't you know I love you no matter what?
And then...

I saw this, and this, and even this. At first it was the cool garland. I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I own it. Then I saw the post with all the lovely aqua and I went back, I'd seen most of that stuff, but still, I had to see it again. I'm in that kind of mood, obsessed. Restless.

Here's what I did find as well as the fabric purchases of this week. The earrings will be something else, I love the look, and they'll find their way into something, a zipper pull, a little pin for a jacket. Maybe they'll get added to the bracelet. Which again, Target, you amaze me with the lengths you'll go to please me. The crystal ornament (and its companions) will be set aside for a denim project. I have seen somewhere in my travels with Frankie, some jeans that had some kind of cool crystal and crap filled trim hanging off a belt loop. I want to work on that idea. And at $.99, Target has the answer. Wouldn't they be cute as a zipper pull on a fancy purse? Made from this?

Oh Target...



I wish a lovely treasure filled week for you my blog loving friends.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that for me?

8:36 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

i lurve me some tarjay.

i've been using the aqua and red striped tissue paper in my thank yous. i love it so.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I'm have a close relationship with The Big T myself. It was not love at first sight. Way back in the day, The Big T was born one night in the graveyard of Gemco's ashes. Ok, it's nice, it's big, it's clean... my goodness it's red!

The years went by and something magical happened... The Big T grew up, and grew with style and fun! Now I can't live without T. My T lives an hour away... but it's ok, it's worth the drive.

Calistoga? Carmel? Aspen? My retreat and respite is my little spa called Target! I can wonder the aisles for hours. PKM... we may not *have* Ikea (sniff, sniff)... but we do *have* Target! ~Whew... What a relief!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I wish I could edit my typos! I bet Target sells something that could help me with that!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you girls are all posting about the Christmas goodies at Target. I don't think we have anywhere similiar here in the UK selling such cute stuff at such good prices.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, shoot. I think I need to go back. I so did not get enough tissue paper and my cool retro Target snowman tells me he's lonely...

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sing it sister!! I LOVE Target! I got that cutie garland there too - it's so cool! Now I have to go back and look for the aqua stuff - didn't see that - I have to go when I have time to browse. (I'm usually rushing in for little kid birthday gifts - straight to the Lego aisle and out!). Thanks for the heads up on the cute stuff!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow, I need to get my little self down to Target for some of those cute glitter birds. Love your purchases.

"The Queen of the Hop"

12:33 PM  
Blogger Green Kitchen said...

You could probably leverage some pretty awesome swaps with that garland. I know Angry Chicken and Inside the Black Apple were both lamenting that they missed out on it.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Target has aqua stuff????? OMG... I have to get over there! DANG that hour drive!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

You're killing me! I promised a teacher friend I would boycott Target (as in: forever!) and I have been faithful to my promise. Yes I have. But boy do I want to jet over to Newburg and roam those isles.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older