Sunday, November 26, 2006

Idle Ramblings

The shop's Mystery Quilt is now solved, and here's my version of it. I like it, although had I not been following the instructions to the letter for the sample, I'd have added an inner border of yellow and possibly a different outer border. Something with a little bit of all the colors in it. But still, its cute. Well, cute enough. The people dropping in to pick up clues really seemed to be enjoying the process. I hope to see some of the finished quilts come in. Some were stash users, some bought new fabric.
One thing I really liked about the mystery quilt was the pacing. One clue a week. I would enjoy doing that myself. I tend to burst out of the gate sewing my head off but when it comes to the end, putting the blocks into rows, I often lose momentum and just let the project sit. Its a good thing I had to have this done fast, or this would have fallen by the wayside as well. I would have liked to get it all quilted up, but just ran out of time (and sadly, inclination.) Procrastinator.
Today is another one of those procrastination kind of days, spent wandering the house.Its Rainy and a tad chilly. I needed to mail a little package so we went downtown to the post office. I love the little self serve postage ATM.. just plop your package on the scale and follow the menus. Then some wandering around town. Lots of people are all ready with their outdoor Christmas displays. Is it just me or do they seem a little sad in the harsh light of day?

I did get some things accomplished this week, made a little treat to send off in the mail. Frankie, if you're reading this, be sure and watch for email from the shack to pick up your package! Also made some new little beds for the dogs. Nothing complicated, more like a big flannel pillowcase with a Velcro closure, into which we stuffed a couple of inexpensive bedpillows. We've looked at a bunch of dog beds and nothing seemed to suit us, so we've got these till we find something. The dogs love them. And now they're fresh and clean and easily washed, which beats the ugly beds we had before. Peep's in hers most the afternoon keeping an eye on the backyard. Its warm there at her post. She's probably also contemplating when it will be dry enough to get outside. She doesn't like to get her dainty little paws wet. She, and I , hope you have a dry paw week.


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooo into the ATM Auto postage machine thing at the post office too! I LOVE it! Apparently I look like I know what I'm doing because I always have people ask me how to do it. Your pup is so sweet! Petey never liked to go out when it was wet (a golden retriever who didn't like water - what was that about). He would also never sleep on the beds we'd try for him - he commandeered Collin's sleeping bag and that was what he slept on. They're funny that way! Love the quilt!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not much chance of a dry paw week here in the UK!

3:25 AM  
Blogger KC Quilter said...

Love your Mystery Quilt. Such gorgeous colors! Great job.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

How sweet! Your little baby looks so cute! I wish I could see the quilt on your bed!

I love the mystery quilt! You are SO like me when it comes to inner borders and such. It's one of the hardest things for me when doing a shop sample. I hate having to follow the instructions to the letter, but a few times I have gotten away with it when I did modifications. I love the fabrics too!

Wish we had the ATM postage gizmo!!!!! How cool is that!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, cute little Peep, so fluffy & warm. I love the cheery colors in your shop quilt. Reminds me of you. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow with our new friend.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've gotten lots of stuff done! And all cute, too. Peep looks so content on her soft, new bed...

4:36 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Your dogs are cute!

It seems to me that even when you're procrastinating you get lots done. I like the quilt. How big is it?

8:06 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

you've been *so productive*. i cannot believe you called your self a procrasinator. hmph.

and look at all the posts i've missed.

happy birthday frankie!

(my boys are never growing up. never.)

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older