Sunday, August 06, 2006

Summer in the City

What a lovely day we had yesterday! Frankie and I headed into SF for gift market. The owners of the shop kindly let me bring her for a little cash and carry shopping. Super fun. She found some great items and then walked the show to see what was new and exciting. Almost educational for my business major!
The drive in was perfect, no traffic and no fog, the city was the perfect temperature, we didn't get lost, found the parking garage right off and strolled right in as the show opened. AMAZING. And we had a wonderful time together, so it was just a great day all around.
On the way home we cruised to Berkeley and went to Addison End Papers. Their shop is small and there was not a lot to look at but they told me about their shop around the corner that should be open on a more regular basis soon that will have all the little bins filled with ephemera that I've heard about. I can't wait to check that out.
It was a happy day. Just a few weeks till she moves back to school, so I have to cherish the happy days as they come along.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. Did you buy anything? Did you see any interesting vendors?

1:35 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Saw some interesting things, my favorite of the few that caught my eye was Cody Foster. Amazing booth. Turns out I have some of his stuff. Got it at American Harvest for xmas a couple of years ago. Used to be Back Porch Friends. He's also on Bayberry Cove's site. Just raced thru the main floor. The Vintage area for cash and carry was just ok, not as good as last time.

2:37 PM  
Blogger One Crabapple said...

geez I wish I was going to be able to check out that shop when it opens !


Have been to the LA gift show so know how fun that can be ! Did you lose your mind looking at everything ? ANything stand out you want to tell about as far as trends or your favorite things ? were there any workshops or speakers ?

Am I asking too many questions ????
(((laughing))))))))))))))
Sorry about that !

well sounds like you had a wonderful day and I enjoyed seeing a photo of the bridge !

9:04 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Tell us more about shopping at the mart. . .once had a retail store and loved going to market.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older